SomaliSocial
by on October 30, 2017
37 views
Last week, the deadliest bomb blast to hit the Somali city of Mogadishu killed more than 350 people and injured around 400 others.
Questions are now been asked as to why, more than 10 years after African Union peacekeepers set foot in the capital and six years after the al-Qaeda-linked group al-Shabab was pushed out, attacks still plague the coastal city.
The Somali government blamed the October 14 blast on al-Shabab.
President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmajo told Al Jazeera on Tuesday that the truck explosion which struck Zobe intersection - a busy junction lined by shops, offices and homes - had all the hallmarks of the group.
"This is their fingerprints, this is what they have done," Farmajo said.
Since the start of this year, more than 20 explosions have targeted Mogadishu, killing at least 500 people and injuring more than 630.
Most of the attacks were carried out by al-Shabab, which has lost control of most major towns and cities in the country.
More than 24,000 African troops have been sent to defeat the group. But the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) says they are not at fault for the blasts.
"The security work has been divided. AMISOM is in charge of Villa Somalia [presidential palace] and the airport. Entry and exit points of the city is the work of the Somali security forces and the Mogadishu stabilisation force," said an AMISOM spokesman.
The Western-backed government, which is struggling to pay its soldiers, says it has done much to improve the security situation in the capital.
but this is a questionable that all attacks are not carried by somali people but number of somali intelligents are saying that they don't have this kind of explosivez and weapons so they suspect foreigners are involved
source: Al jazeera
Post in: World News
Page generated in 0.1674 seconds with 52 queries and GZIP enabled on 45.56.101.149.